Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Long distance relationships - INTJ Forum

So, new here on the forum and relatively new to the knowledge that I am INTJ. I had a look around the online dating-tags thread, but didn't see anything focused on exactly what I wanted to ask the rest of you, so I decided to make my own thread.

To the point. Reading around it's fascinating how well most things people write fits, and as such I am curious to hear what the rest of you think about long distance relationships. From an efficiency-perspective it's hardly a good idea, but I find myself only ending up in that situation. This occur to anyone else?

I think the reason I do is because when you can't meet even if you want to, you are "forced" to resort to talking and that leads to deeper conversations. I couldn't care less what the person looks like, the only thing that attracts me is the mind and it takes a lot of talking to get there. That kind of talking rarely happens IRL, mostly because people don't usually feel comfortable with just sitting talking endlessly. As such, I personally never get the right kind of connection with someone anywhere close by, but do with people who are quite a long distance away.

I should probably add that although I have no interest in parties or large groups, I've never been shy and have no problem initiating conversation. So it's not that I don't dare talk to people IRL, they just rarely have anything to say that makes me want to talk further.

So in short, question is, any more INTJ's out there that end up in long distance most of the time? Do you go for it when you do, or do you leave it as it is? Why do you make that choice?

birth control pill recall ground hog day florida primary results black history groundhogs day paula abdul mitt romney

No comments:

Post a Comment